Friday, August 22, 2008

What can you get for $20?



What a wonderful day! We were on a mission to get my daughter a new book bag. The ones in stores ranged from $20-$30. We went to all three Goodwills and at the last Goodwill we found it! It was the colors she wanted and it was a stylish book bag (not a backpack!) and the best part it was only $5! I found a Garth Brooks CD for my husband for $2 and some cool Hulk pencils and pencil tin holder both for $1. When I was in the store, it was so HOT. I thought I was having a hot flash...menopause already? The cashier told me that the air conditioning was broken (thank goodness) and they were fixing it. She told me I got a complimentary Goodwill cloth bag. ($1 value) What is funny is that I was looking a bags to put all my coupon stuff in and decided not to spend the money and God gave me this gift! My coupon binder fits perfectly in it!!


Then I went to Wallgreens because they have a coupon on their website for 5$ off any $20 purchase. I only had $10 left. I used coupons for the Sprite and Glade plugins and Pert shampoo. I got $30 worth of items for $4 after all the coupons. The young stud cashier said "Wow, you scored on that one!" Yeah... I may be an old lady but I know how to get a deal! LOL


In addition, the mail came and I got a coupon for a FREE box of Cheerios (up to 4.29 value) and a free sample of the Dove shampoo and conditioner and free samples of the Lemon, Lime, Orange crystals with a coupon for both the Dove shampoo and Lemon crystals. Apparently these crystals you can flavor anything with that needs a little citrus.

I just spend an hour in the early morning and sometimes at night to sign up for all these FREE samples. You just have to get connected with the right web sites and start typing.

Here's some deals for you:

Free sample of Mr. Clean Eraser sponge


Free sample of new Always pad













No comments: